Keep up to date with the latest news and announcements relating to Council’s projects and services. Please contact Council if the information you require is not displayed.
Whitsunday Regional Council Mayor Jenny Whitney said Council is developing a five yearcorporate vision for the Whitsunday Regional Council and asking the community for your input.
Mayor Jenny Whitney said Council is required to develop a five year Corporate Plan spanning from 2014-2019, called Whitsunday Regional Council 2020.
“We are asking the community to identify what you believe the important issues are forWhitsunday Regional Council,” Mayor Whitney said.
“We have launched a survey asking what you think Council’s priorities should be over the next five years.
“Get involved by going to Council’s website or picking up a survey at one of our customer service centres or libraries.
“We want to hear your views about what you think the Council should be focusing on, whether it be town planning, waste management, parks, reducing the debt or something entirely different – have your say.
“Whitsunday Regional Council 2020 is a way of measuring Council’s progress in achieving thesekey strategies.
“Community forums to further discuss Whitsunday Regional Council 2020 will be held inCannonvale, Proserpine, Bowen and Collinsville in the coming months,” she said.
Whitsunday Regional Council 2020 survey:
1. What do you consider the top 5 priorities for the Whitsunday community over the next 5 years?
How do you see council focusing on these priorities?
2. What additional services should Whitsunday Regional Council be providing? Are there anyservices Council should no longer provide?
Community and Environment
3. From a planning perspective how do you picture the Whitsunday region community andenvironment developing over the next 5 years?
4. What do you think the priorities should be for the Whitsunday Regional Council to attractinvestment, growth and economic development to the region?
5. What do you consider the top infrastructure projects for the next 5 years in the Whitsundayregion?
Be part of the local conversation and fill out the survey; on the Council website or at our Customer Service Centres or libraries.
For media enquiries, contact:Kate Lennox, Communications ManagerPhone: 07 4945 0614, 0427 458 369 or Email: email@example.com