Keep up to date with the latest news and announcements relating to Council’s projects and services. Please contact Council if the information you require is not displayed.
As part of Council’s Proserpine Main Street Upgrade, works will be undertaken to install sections of pavement inclusive of street print for decorative purposes.
The works will be undertaken in stages as follows. Please note the below dates are indicative only and are subject to project changes and weather.
• Stage 1 – 17th - 21st AugustSouth entrance from the Bruce Highway into Proserpine Main Street
• Stage 2 – 24th – 29th AugustMain Street near the new Proserpine Administration Building
• Stage 3 – 31st August – 2nd SeptemberNorth entrance from the Bruce Highway onto Blair Street
• Stage 4 – 2nd – 4th SeptemberMain Street near existing pedestrian crossing
• Stage 5 – 7th – 8th SeptemberIntersection of Mill Street/Main Street
• Stage 6 – 9th – 11th SeptemberDobbins Lane (alongside the POW/Colour Me Crazy)
Throughout the project, these sections will be closed completely for a period of four to six hours to allow for drying of the street bond. At this time, traffic control and detours will be place to assist motorists.
We thank you for your patience while we undertake this important upgrade for Proserpine.
Anyone with enquiries can call Council on 1300 972 753.