Whitsunday Regional Council is working to develop a Heavy Vehicle Network Plan which will guide the delivery of heavy vehicle infrastructure in the region.
To effectively plan for the delivery of heavy vehicle infrastructure, Council is inviting feedback from the community.
Council is committed to the delivery of a heavy vehicle network that is efficient and relevant for the function it performs.
We are specifically seeking feedback regarding the suitability and use of the existing heavy vehicle routes and also the location of proposed alternative heavy vehicle routes.
Comments relating to the Heavy Vehicle Network are sought on the following matters:
• Feedback from heavy vehicle operators on the issues and constraints they have experienced with the network;
• Feedback from heavy vehicle operators on whether the use of High Productivity Vehicles is on the horizon;
• Feedback from heavy vehicle operators and the community on incompatible heavy vehicle network routes, areas of congestion on the network due to heavy vehicles and known safety issues on the network;
• Feedback from retailers on issues in receiving goods; and
• General feedback from the community on the proposed changes to the Heavy Vehicle Network.
Consultation commences Tuesday 4th October and will close on Friday 28th October 2016.
How can I provide feedback?
1. Complete the survey by visiting Your Say Whitsunday. Maps and extra information will also be provided on this website. A hard copy survey is available for download here.
2. In writing to PO Box 104, Proserpine, QLD, 4800 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. In person at one of Council’s Customer Service centres located in Bowen, Proserpine or Collinsville.
Plans detailing the existing and proposed heavy vehicle network will be available for viewing at all Council Customer Service Centres and at Your Say Whitsunday
Industry stakeholders will also be contacted individually to discuss the heavy vehicle network.
Should you require any further information or would like to meet with a Council representative to discuss the Heavy Vehicle Network Plan further, please contact Roads Engineer, Jessica Cristaudo on 4761 3600.