Do I need a planning approval?

A Planning Approval (a development permit) is needed if a development for a “material change of use of premises” (e.g. commence or intensify a use of a premises) or “reconfiguring a lot” (e.g. subdivision, boundary realignments or access easements) or “carrying out operational works” (earthworks, advertising devices or works on public infrastructure) is categorised as any of the following:

  • self assessable development not complying with any part of the applicable codes
  • compliance assessable development
  • code assessable development
  • impact assessable development

A quick indication of which category of development applies to a particular type of development can be determined by having regard to the planning scheme.

However, to accurately determine which category of development applies to a particular type of development, it is necessary to have regard to:

Whilst a development permit is not necessary for self-assessable development, the development must comply with any applicable codes.

  1. P  07 4945 0200

    67 Herbert Street, Bowen
    Cnr. Stanley and Conway Streets, Collinsville
    83-85 Main Street, Proserpine
  1. LINKS

    My Dashboard   |   Privacy   |   Disclaimer   |   Accessibility   |   Site Map

    Powered by CivicPlus from ICON Software

    © Copyright Whitsunday Council 2014